When you step outside of your home, the last thing that you should be worried about is the security of your home. It’s important to evaluate and assess the level of protection that your home security system provides. This puts your mind at ease that everything is being taken care of, and the safety of your home and family is in the hands of a reliable system. Here at Locksmith Columbus, we want to help you ensure that your home is as secure as possible to ensure an added layer of protection.
For starters, let’s take a look at the locks and security hardware that are in place. Are the locks working correctly? Do they need to be replaced? Are the right tools in place? Do you need additional locks to improve the overall security? We provide quality locksmith services to the Central Ohio area to inspect your existing locks and security hardware, as well as replace or install new hardware if needed.
Another important factor that goes in to the security assessment process is knowing who has access to your home and when. Do your locks have a keyed lock or a combination lock? Knowing who has a key and when they are granted access to entry is an important part of the security process. Do you need to set up a restricted entry where certain people have access during certain hours? Do you need to revoke access to specific people? Locksmith Columbus can help you set up access control systems for both home and business that grant and withhold access in a secure and convenient way.
It’s also important to evaluate your needs when it comes to alarms. Are you looking for a basic alarm system that sounds when someone opens a door? Or are you looking for a more advanced system that connects with your local security service and the police? We can help you in choosing the right system for your needs and desired level of security. We install, inspect, and repair all types of alarms, and we’ll make sure that the system is working the way it’s supposed to.
Finally, there are some other measures that you can take to further increase the security of your home. For example, motion detecting lights are an excellent way to deter potential intruders from targeting your property. Not only does the burst of light alert you when someone is on your property, it lets potential intruders know that someone is aware of their presence. We can also help you add strong window locks to help prevent intruders from breaking in.
At Locksmith Columbus, we know how valuable your safety is to you and your family, and we want to help you make sure that your home is as secure as possible. We provide a full suite of services that are designed to meet your home security needs. We are committed to providing you with reliable and efficient locksmith services. With over 10 years’ experience in the locksmith industry, you can trust us to provide all of the services that you need for an effective and secure home security system. Call us today at (614) 585-8955 to learn more about our services and how we can help you ensure the safety of your home.
Evaluating & Assessing Your Home Security System
Most of us take great pride in providing a secure home environment for our family and valuables. But, do you know how secure your home really is? Are your security systems up to the task of defending against modern criminals? Evaluating and assessing your home security system is an important step in securing your beloved home and family.
At Locksmith Columbus, we understand how daunting it can be to evaluate and assess your home security system. That’s why we are here to help by providing expert advice on how to evaluate and assess your system properly. With years of experience providing locksmith services in Central Ohio, we are here to help you feel secure in your home.
Why Home Security Evaluation is Necessary
The simple answer to this question is that it will help you to better protect your home and family. Criminals have gotten smarter over the years and as they have, so have the security systems that are designed to protect your home and belongings. Just because you had a home security system installed years ago, does not necessarily mean it is still accomplishing the task at hand. Taking the time to review and evaluate your home security system will ensure that your system is up to date and as effective as it can be.
Signs that It’s Time to Evaluate Your Home Security System
It is always a good idea to review and evaluate your home security system on a regular basis, but there are also certain signs that may signify it is time for a review and assessment. Some of the top signs that your home security system may need to be re-evaluated include:
- The last time you reviewed your system’s components and hardware was more than three years ago.
- You added new family members who need to be added to your system.
- Your system’s software isn’t up-to-date.
- New, advanced technology has become available.
- You moved to a new home or updated your current home.
When it comes to security, it is better to err on the side of caution and assess your home security system more often than not. Being proactive can help ensure your family and home are protected.
What to Look for When You’re Evaluating Your Home Security System
When it comes to evaluating your home security system, there are several areas to consider. Listed below are the most important components to look for:
- Review Your Alarm System: Check for smoke, heat, and carbon monoxide detectors. Are they up to date, in proper working order, have all the most current batteries? Also, make sure your alarm systems back-up battery is in good condition.
- Review the Security Cameras: Make sure all your cameras are functioning properly and are pointed in the right directions. Check their orientation for maximum coverage, and also check to make sure they are in locations that can withstand inclement weather.
- Check the Locks: Examine the condition of your locks. If necessary, replace damaged locks and/or re-key locks so all the keys are the same. Remove any old keys that are no longer in use.
- Inspect Access Points: Check to make sure all of your windows are closing and locking properly. Also, if you have an attached garage, make sure the door between the garage and house is secure. If there are any entry points without a lock, consider adding a lock for added protection.
- Check Outdoor Lighting: Exterior lighting serves a few different purposes. It not only adds aesthetic appeal, but it can also deter intruders who prefer to sneak in under the cover of darkness. Make sure any lights you have installed are working correctly, and that their bulbs are up-to-date.
- Check for Gardening Hazards: Check any fencing and landscaping for any large tree limbs that may provide a method of access to your home. Trim them if necessary, or replace the fencing, if that is what is necessary to solve the issue.
Call Locksmith Columbus
Once you take the necessary steps to evaluate and assess your home security system, your next step should be to call Locksmith Columbus for help. At Locksmith Columbus, we are dedicated to helping homeowners just like you protect their homes and families. With years of experience in the industry, our team of expert locksmiths can help ensure your home is secure from prying eyes and unwanted intruders.
If you need help with your home security system evaluation or assessment, call Locksmith Columbus at (614) 585-8955 today! We are your local Central Ohio home security experts and we are here to help you.