As one of the home services businesses that many of us rely on, locksmiths are a vital part of our community and the security of our homes, businesses, and public places. Biometrics is the study of the human body and its measurements. It is also used widely in security systems and to access digital safety measures. More and more, biometric lock technology is being used to protect our homes and our valuables.
As locksmith in Columbus, Ohio, Locksmith Columbus wants to educate customers about this technology. Biometric locks use eyes, fingerprints, palm or voice scans to identify and allow access. Biometrics is a growing sector of the security industry.
Biometric locks typically utilize a digital lock which is connected to a central database or system. When the right combination or fingerprint is inputted, it will identify the user and send a signal that opens the door. As one of the best locksmiths in the Central Ohio area, let’s take some time to discuss the advantages of biometric locks, especially when it comes to the security of the home.
Advantages of using biometric locks
• Convenience: Using a biometric lock is more convenient than carrying around and keeping track of keys or constantly entering a combination.
• Identity Verification: A biometric lock requires a specific person’s eye, fingerprint, palm or voice to gain access. This helps ensure that only authorized personnel have access to the protected area.
• Makes it easy to monitor: Biometric locks give you easy access to the door and allow you to check the logs of who has entered in and out of the area.
• Increased security: By using biometric locks to gain access rather than mechanically controlled locks, the risks of breaking in are much higher, as it is nigh impossible to avoid being noticed by an electronic system.
• Easy to Install: Installing biometric locks is not difficult and takes less time than regular locks, as they do not require tumblers and keys.
Types of Biometric locks
• Eye Scanner (Iris Recognition): An eye scanner captures an image of the eye and stores it in the system. It then compares it to the pre-programmed image in the system, allowing access or denying it.
• Fingerprint Scanner: In order to gain access, users have to press their finger up against the scanner. The scanner then reads the person’s unique pattern of ridges and valleys and verifies the print with the one stored in the system.
• Palm Scanner: Like the fingerprint scanner, the palm scanner takes a close-up scan of the person’s palm. It then verifies the person’s identity by comparing it to the stored one.
• Voice Recognition: Voice recognition takes a scan of the voice and then compares it to the voice sample stored in the system. It can be set up to recognize multiple voice samples.
When making the decision to install biometric locks, there are some things to take into consideration. The cost of the technology as well as the maintenance needs to be factored into the equation. The technology can also be complex and may require assistance from a locksmith. However, the added security and peace of mind is certainly worth the investment.
At Locksmith Columbus, we specialize in biometric lock installation and repair. Our team of highly trained professionals is experienced in all types of state-of-the-art security technology, including biometrics. It is our job to ensure that your home and belongings are safe and secure at all times. If you’re looking to add that extra layer of security to your home, give us a call today at (614) 585-8955 and let us help you increase your security with biometric locks.
Overview of Biometric Lock Technology for Home Security
Do you want your home to be as secure as possible? If so, you’ve come to the right place! Locksmith Columbus is here to provide you with an overview of biometric lock technology for home security, so that you can protect your property to the fullest extent.
Biometrics are becoming one of the most popular methods of security in homes across Central Ohio and the entire country. Biometric locks offer a higher level of protection than their traditional counterparts, using fingerprint or retina scan technology to grant access once a match is detected. Once installed, there are no physical keys to lose, and access is restricted to those individuals who are registered in the system.
How Biometrics Work
The most common type of biometric security systems is based on the handprint. The user creates a profile in the system, which is then linked to their HandKey. The profile includes entries for height, weight, shoe size, and other unique physical traits – even gender can be an influencing factor. Whenever a user wishes to open the lock, they press their HandKey onto an electronic pad and the system checks the user’s unique profile to verify their identity. Once a match is made, the lock is opened.
Biometrics aren’t just limited to handprint scanning. Some systems use retinal scanners that check the user’s eyes, or even voice recognition systems that detect the user’s unique vocal patterns. The type of biometric system you choose should match your needs. If you’re looking for the most secure system possible, you may want to opt for a system that uses both retinal and handprint scanning technology.
Benefits of Using Biometrics
Biometric lock technology offers numerous benefits. In addition to the added security that comes with such a system, there are other advantages as well. Here are some of the top benefits of using biometrics for home security:
- You don’t have to worry about forgetting keys or having them taken.
- It’s impossible to pick a biometric lock, ensuring your home is secure from thieves.
- It offers a quick access entry option, so you’re not wasting time fumbling for keys in the dark.
- Biometric locks can be programmed to grant different levels of access based on the user, allowing individual permissions to be managed.
- It can reduce the risk of injury in cases of fire, as you won’t be forced to search for a key.
- It can reduce the amount of hassle associated with changing door locks.
Choosing the Right Biometric Lock
Now that you know the benefits of using biometric locks, it’s time to choose the right one for your home. Keep in mind that the type of biometric system you choose will depend on your needs and budget. It’s important to consider the overall security requirements for your home before making a purchase.
At Locksmith Columbus, our team is available to help you choose the right biometric lock for your home. We’ll discuss your specific security needs and help you find the most suitable option. We have an impressive selection of both handprint and retinal scanners, and can ensure they are installed quickly and correctly.
Extra Measures to Protect Your Home
Biometric locks are an effective way to protect your home, but it’s important to take extra measures to secure your property. Invest in high-quality locks that can’t be easily broken, install security cameras to monitor the entry points of your home, and be sure to keep your windows closed and locked at all times.
Contact Locksmith Columbus For Your Biometric Lock Installation Needs
Are you ready to upgrade your home with biometric lock technology? Contact Locksmith Columbus at (614) 585-8955 today to get started. Our team of experienced locksmiths can help you choose the right system for your home, and ensure that it is installed professionally and correctly. You can trust Locksmith Columbus to provide the security you need to keep your home safe and secure.