Installing a video doorbell is an excellent way to add a bit of extra security to your home. Not only can they be a great deterrent to criminals, but they can also enable you to monitor people who come to your door without going outside to greet them. While video doorbells are a great addition to any project, there are also some potential pitfalls to be aware of. Let’s take a look at some of the pros and cons of installing a video doorbell.
• Increased security – Video doorbells allow you to monitor who is coming and going from your house, perfect for keeping out intruders.
• Hands-free access – With a video doorbell, you can communicate with visitors from anywhere in your home.
• Streamlined installation – Installing a video doorbell is relatively simple. You just need to connect your existing doorbell wiring to the video doorbell device.
• Expense – Video doorbells can be expensive, depending on the brand and model you choose.
• Power requirements – If you decide to purchase an add-on video doorbell, you will need to make sure that you can supply it with enough power to operate properly.
• Hacks & vulnerability – A video doorbell can give intruders access to your home if they manage to hack it, so make sure you keep it updated and secure.
At Locksmith Columbus, we understand the benefits and potential drawbacks of installing video doorbells. Whether you’ve recently made the decision to invest in one or if you’re just looking for more information, our team is here to help. We can provide advice on the best type of video doorbell for your home and provide professional installation in Central Ohio. Give us a call today to learn more about your options!